Thursday, August 5, 2010

Deuce

Amidst the chaos of moving, unpacking, vacationing, and turning 30, my little girl is growing up. She will be 10 months old on Sunday and the thought of double digits in her "age" is bittersweet.

I love the little girl that she is becoming. Hearing "Mama" is as wonderful a sound as her giggles. Seeing her stand solo and walk b/w furniture with unneeded support from them is exhilarating. Her ability to high five and then clap for herself still amazes me each time. And yet I miss the toothless grins of my new baby. The sweet smell of infant breath. The ability to snuggle her against me without her squirming away.

So I concentrate on what is to come -a birthday party, sentences, steps. I look forward to October and celebrating my little baby and the little girl that she is now.

And, of course, I am hard at work acquiring the monograms for her Big Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment