My son is a week old today. Though we are still getting to know one another, I have learned the following about him.
- His face is a perfect blend of his two sisters.
- He nurses well and enjoys his food.
- He likes to sleep. At night. This change is welcome and hopefully will last.
- He looks for his father as much as he looks for me.
- He doesn't like being in the bouncy seat on the floor. Altitude is preferred.
- He can sleep pretty much anywhere- car seat, bassinet, swing, lounger, bed, etc. (ALSO a welcome change.)
- His flaky, newborn skin is disappearing and will be missed.
- His lungs work and they work well.
- He only cries when he's hungry or needs a diaper.
- He gets the hiccups just like Miss Moo.
- He likes to sleep with his hands near his face like Miss Roo.
He's a blessing. I couldn't imagine our family without him.
I'm working on his birth story in little bits. My time is invested in my family and our newness. I promise it will come.