Monday, August 22, 2011

10 of the things I love about my girls

The girls and I had a rough morning that ended in a complete double meltdown at the library. Once we were home for the day, I read a list of 101 Things to do when you thing you are going to lose it. I printed out the list and it will reside on our fridge.  That list sparked in me the idea to make a list of 10 things I love about my girls and to add to it when I have tough days. I'm not sure that I will always follow through, but forcing myself to see good in difficult situations might be what I need to cope and grow.

Moo:

1. I love the sheer joy she gets from swinging.
2. I love that she loves to sit in my lap to read books, even if there is a baby in my lap.
3. I love that she is always willing to try new things, activities, food, etc.
4. I love that she loves trains.
5. I love that she tells her sister it's okay when she hears Roo crying.
6. I love that she is independent and declares it often.
7. I love that she has a contagious giggle.
8. I love that she enjoys her food.
9. I love that she blows me kisses even when she is mad.
10. I love that I have seen her grow so much and surprise me each step of the way.

Roo:
1. I love that she smiles at her sister when she sees her in the morning.
2. I love that she knows how to play shy.
3. I love that she has a huge grin when she sees me.
4. I love that she has taught me that my heart is bigger than I thought it was.
5. I love that she too enjoys her food.
6. I love that she manages to get her sister to talk to her when I can't get her to talk to me.
7. I love that she is totally different from her sister but also so very similar.
8. I love that she loves listening to me read books already.
9. I love that she enjoys spending time with just me at night.
10. I love that I have seen her grow so much and surprise me each step of the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment