Friday, March 15, 2013

Fun Friday - Vantage Point

Today, the girls and I head for my now weekly check-in with my midwives. Yesterday, I was 37 weeks - full term. Baby Boy is now "officially" fully baked and can come anytime. I've been having contractions on and off for a few weeks. They've been more noticeable in the past 5 days so we're starting to make progress toward birth.

I still think he won't make it to April, but no one knows for sure. I'm ready to meet him but trying to enjoy BEING pregnant while I still am. We tried to get Miss Roo out so that I was able to deliver her while my midwife was in the country and I didn't take time to savor the last few weeks as a duo. I don't want to cheat myself of that this go around.

So right now, I'm trying to keep the house clean and straight, make sure I cook for us as much as I can, and spend time with my two beautiful daughters. Easter goodies are being gathered, just in case. Miss Roo's 2nd birthday is just around the corner in April (how could that be?!?!?) so her gifts are being made/gathered so that we are able to celebrate a full day of her when it arrives.

Drew and I had what may be our last date night tonight. We went for sushi and had just as much fun as we did when we were first dating. I don't know what life would be like if we hadn't gone for sushi the first time, but I'm thankful daily that we did. He is my other half and I wouldn't be the woman I am without him.

So, we're waiting. And spending time together. Our family is about to change, and I can't wait to see what this vantage point will look like once I'm wearing my son on the outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment